Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Second Semester Spiral

So,

I haven't written for a while. It's quite sad. But one of my resolutions for this year is to be more adamant about tasks that I create for myself. (We'll see if this actually pans out.)

Anyway, It's time to start off this new resolution with a new blog topic: The Second Semester Spiral

Spring Semester starts here at UW.  It's a time for new resolutions: better grades, better workout regimens, better diet habbits... And for the first month or so, the resolutions are strong.

And then begins the Second Semester Spiral.  The homework, the workouts, the cleaning... All of a sudden the resolutions become a little easier to break.  But never fear, of course this isn't going to become habbit... Right? "Oh no... never," you say, along with the following phrases:

  • "I honestly CAN'T make it to the gym today... I have too much to do." (One Tree Hill Re-Runs. Really Important.)
  • "It's not like one McDouble is going to ruin my diet."
  • "I don't even care about this class anymore. When am I ever going to need to know this in real life?"
  • "It's just one Wednesday Wine Night.  This isn't going to be a weekly event or anything."
  • "But seriously.  I walked to class today. I DESERVE these fries!"
  • "I work best under pressure." (Thus waits till the night before a due date to finish a ten page paper)

And then it happens.  The population density of the gym declines.  Revenue from the McDonald's walk-up window increases.  Grades steadily fall.  Hips and thighs increase slowly in size. The Second Semester Spiral has taken full effect.

Avoid the SSS UW! Avoid for as long as possible!  Because once it takes effect... you're in deep S***.

And to all of those who find themselves in the SSS... well... it can only get better from here... right? Let's hope so.


--K 

1 comment: